With over 15 years of experience, Margot Dear is definitely someone to pay attention to. She radiates beams of wisdom and kindness, applies hard work and intuition to her strategy and process all while she mentors the UX community. In this episode hosts Lara Fedoroff and Chris Chandler talk with Margot about how she built a successful UX team at ADP.
- 1:25 – Current Challenges
- 5:15 – Proving value of ux
- 9:30 – Wins connecting design to ROI
- 15:00 – Research roadmap
- 20:00 – Diversity and inclusion when building a design team
- 27:00 – Enterprise ux Dear15
- 32:00 – Mentoring the UX Community
- 33:00 – Advice to leaders building their teams
MORE ABOUT MARGOT DEAR
- Margot Dear on LinkedIn
- Margot Dear on Twitter
- Enterprise UX – June 14, 2108 Delivering products is not enough. We must also COMMUNICATE the needs of our audiences, the value of our practices, and the unique skills we bring to the enterprise table. COMMUNICATE discusses how to make others understand and appreciate UX value, how to convey user insights, and how to find a common language with our non-UX partners within enterprise.
Margot Dear is the Senior Director of User Experience at ADP in their Innovation Center in Pasadena. Margot has lived and worked in Canada, the UK and most recently California working at enterprise companies including The British Post Office, Thomas Reuters, LexisNexis, Citrix and ADP as a UX professional. She is actively involved in the UX community in Southern California along with mentoring students at California College of the Arts in San Francisco, University College London and the Pasadena ArtCenter College of Design.