Angel Anderson is a seasoned UX design leader and business strategist who left her VP, User Experience Director position at Crispin Porter + Bogusky to found and run her own startup, NailSnaps. Now as CEO, Angel is responsible for scaling NailSnaps to be an international success and truly loved by customers as the world’s first mobile, social nail design platform.
In this episode hosts Lara Fedoroff and Chris Chandler talk with Angel about her journey from UX Designer to CEO.
- 1:35 – Have you ever had to compromise your app for business reasons?
- 4:17 – IG for nails from a designer perspective
- 5:20 – What’s the most surprising thing you’ve learned from customers?
- 6:27 – How do you work with other designers?
- 10:26 – Sexism in startup culture
- 13:51 – How transparency can help drive awareness
- 17:14 – The terror of public speaking
- 23:17 – How to pitch a VC
- 25:28 – Facial recognition data and privacy
- 35:00 – What would you like to be your legacy?
MORE ABOUT ANGEL ANDERSON
Angel Anderson is the CEO and Co-Founder of NailSnaps. Prior to founding the company, Anderson lead design and strategy for clients like Old Navy, Domino’s, American Express as the VP of User Experience Design at Crispin Porter + Bogusky. Anderson’s product design expertise has helped NailSnaps win coveted design awards and be heralded by Star Beauty, Good Housekeeping, The Today Show, and beauty influencer Michelle Phan as must-have beauty/fashion tech. She is active in the international design community speaking and leading workshops for the Interaction, UX London, SxSW, and various universities.
- UX Award
- Interaction Award
- NailSnaps was named ‘Innovators Of The Year’ from The National Association Of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)